Expectations of Mexico: The Day Before

I've been asked by my professor to keep a journal of my entire MX City adventure, so what better place than here to post my thoughts and experiences.

I fly out tomorrow. I am all packed and spending the day doing final preparations and errands. My parents are sending me off with a delicious Indian dinner tonight... of course. #spoiled

I am anxious and excited about living with three other students and a host family. I haven't ever done a home stay. Even when I lived in Italy and Japan, I had an apt. of my own, so this will be a totally new experience.

I am also a bit stressed with all the readings and papers that are required for this Latam Family Therapy certification. 3 classes over a semester is one thing but we are essentially cramming in 9 units in 4 weeks with the last week for travel and fun. I have two papers due Sunday (tomorrow) and Monday (the first day of class). My meditation app is gonna come in handy so I can stay calm and sane. #om

I am not as anxious about leaving Kay and Isabella since we just spent 3 weeks together on vacation. We'll Skype and I'll post photos and videos so they know I'm alive. I've become a YouTube junkie since Croatia.

Aside from the pre-travel stress, I am really excited to begin this journey and learn about Latino culture in a totally new way. The readings have been fascinating and I am getting an intro to Liberation Psychology as a theoretical framework, which really fits well with postmodern theories.

That's all for now. Tomorrow my life changes forever.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can COVID save a marriage?

MX: Days 6, 7, and 8 - Malinalco & the Temezcal

MX: Day 2 Visit to the Zocalo